The commercial sign for the Coffee Palace at 91 High Street, Stockton, included on the left of a general view of the south end of Stockton High Street. Advertisements for Nestles Milk and Liptons Teas on the trailer of a steam tram, included in a general view of the south end of Stockton High Street.
A busy view of the south end of Stockton High Street, including nos. 71,92,97,98 and 106 plus the borough hall. No. 71, Eades, S.S. Piano and organ warehouse. No. 91, Olde Post Office Hotel, No. 97, Victoria Inn. No. 98, J. A. Birkbeck, ironmongers. No. 106 A and G Taylor, photographers. Borough Hall (between No. 91 and 92). Lots of pony traps, horse carts, carriages and cabs plus a tram are included. Several horse cabs waiting by a cab shelter included on the right of a general view of the south end of Stockton High Street on a busy day.
The Borough Hall and its elegant wrought iron entrance canopy (between Nos. 91 and 92) included in a general view of the south end of Stockton High Street. Borough Hall built c1785 as a town house for Mr. R. Dickson, 1852 became Borough offices and a hall was built at the rear. The hall was demolished in 1934 and the offices at the front were removed in c1957 to make way for the new post office (opened 1960). The Shambles on Stockton High Street(built 1825 to replace earlier Shambles).